"Creating a table in MySQL"
Publishing articles on SkyTowner
Our mission at SkyTowner is simple:
To create a centralized hub equipped with powerful search for free top-tier technical resources about data science
We are looking for talents who will join us in this mission by sharing their knowledge and skills to the data science community.
Why publish on SkyTowner?
- To support the mission of SkyTowner to build a centralized hub for free top-tier technical resources about data science
- To build up your portfolio and showcase your skills and knowledge to your employers. All your submissions and contributions will be shown in your proifle page. Here's an example. You will be able to obtain a PDF copy of your profile as well.
- To improve your technical writing skills - your submissions will undergo rigorous peer review before publication
- To give back to the SkyTowner community if you benefit from the platform
Topics to write about
In principle, we publish articles related to data science, which includes topics such as:
- Python (sorry, we don't write about R)
- Python's data science libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, pandas, matplotlib)
- Statistics, linear algebra, calculus, machine learning, AI
- Computer science topics (e.g. database systems, algorithms)
If there's a topic you're passionate about that is only loosely related to data science, reach out to us and let's chat!
Types of articles
In essence, SkyTowner's resources can be classified into 3 categories:
- documentation is your classic technical reference that explains the usage of a particular API.
- recipes are bite-sized articles that explain how to achieve a particular task.
- guides are long-form content that cover a topic in depth.
Documentation and recipes are much easier to write, and will be readily accepted.
Pillars of SkyTowner
SkyTowner's articles are:
- written in idiomatic English
- concise without needless bloat
- clear with minimal examples and explanations
- professionally written without memes
General writing conventions
- Prefer bulleting over long paragraphs
- Accompany each code block with a clear explanation
- Decompose your articles into sections using hierarchical headings
The reputation points awarded will be based on type of content you submit:
- 50 points for documentation
- 50 points for recipes
- 150 points for guides
Depending on the milestones you achieve (e.g. 100 likes for an article), you will receieve more points.
Bads and Goods
Bad: If you want to add an element to a list:
Good: To add an element to a list:
Terms and conditions
- Your articles will be published under the license of Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
- Submitted and accepted articles can be re-published on other websites (although not recommended)
- Submitted and accepted articles cannot be removed. This is because others may have already invested time and effort in reviewing/editing the article. You can still choose to disassociate your name from the article.
- You are granting rights for others to edit your work, given that the edits are constructive. You will remain as the core author of the article.
Send us your work at email@example.com. By submitting your article, you acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions specified above.
Please feel to join our Discord server and directly reach out to Isshin. Happy to talk with you 🙂